The 400-year-old St. Anna’s Church, rebuilt in 1771, is one of the most beautiful late Baroque buildings in Bohemia. Thanks to its location at an altitude of about 1020 m above sea level, it is the highest church in the Erzgebirge and, since Boží Dar was granted town rights, one of the highest town churches in Central Europe.
At the end of the 1960s, the condition of the church was so bad that it had to be closed to the public for safety reasons. It was considered to be demolished, as was the case with the churches in Ryžovna and Loučná. However, the local inhabitants opposed this and the planned demolition was called off.
Thanks to a public collection announced by the town of Boží Dar in 2016, the church was reconstructed and reopened in the spring of 2021. Now the church is open to the public and even offers tours.
The church is approximately 200 metres from our accommodation.